Do you remember the last time you had an amazing vacation and your skin looked radiant, more luminous, as if it was glowing from the inside? Radiant skin doesn’t, unfortunately, happen overnight. Nor can we always be on holiday! But the good news is that with the right skincare routine for glowing skin you can achieve that healthy glow anytime and anywhere.
Keep reading through this post to learn about Dr Nina’s best tips for a skincare routine that will make your complexion glow.
Signs of Glowing Skin
A radiant, glowing complexion is characterised by small pores, even skin tone and the absence of blemishes. Glowing skin is moist and soft, shining but not oily, bright but not dry.
Since your skin is highly affected by your lifestyle and emotional state, when someone’s skin is glowing it generally means that person is healthy, happy and well-rested.
That is why glowing skin usually starts from within. Eating a healthy and balanced diet, cutting down on sugars, refrain from smoking, getting enough sleep and exercise, drinking plenty of water, protecting your skin from the sun etc. are all good habits that will help to maintain your natural skin radiance and youthful glow.
On the other hand, bad habits or external factors such as lack of sleep, stress, a poor diet, smoking, sun damage, etc. can cause your complexion to lose its radiance over time. Skin tone, luminosity, firmness, hyperpigmentation and/or discoloration (i.e. dark circles, skin conditions like melasma etc.) can all have an effect on the natural appearance of glowing skin and make you look older than your age.
But a healthy lifestyle is not always enough – or sometimes is not even possible. Sleepless nights, periods of intense stress, illnesses etc. happen from time to time, and we have little control over them.
Luckily, there are specific actions you can actively take to regain control of your skin’s appearance: choose the best glowing skin products on the market and incorporate them into your daily skincare routine for glowing skin.
By implementing the right skincare routine for glowing skin and using products containing specific active ingredients that focus on glow, it is indeed possible to achieve that glossy look that will make you look and feel younger and healthy.
A Simple Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin
While Dr Nina advises her clients to always start with a professional skin consultation before implementing any new skincare regimens, there are a few general rules and tips to follow for your everyday routine focused on glow.
How To Get Glowing Skin
- Use a comprehensive approach to skincare
To make sure your skin maintains its youthful glow for as long as possible, you should take some time for your anti-ageing skincare routine twice a day every day. The first time after you wake up and before applying any makeup, and the second time before going to sleep.
- Get to know your skin type
Knowing your skin type is the first step towards choosing the right skincare products and implementing a skincare regimen that is effective for your skin. This is why Dr Nina always recommends always coming for an initial consultation before undergoing any treatments or starting a new skincare routine.
- Be consistent
As Dr Nina says, ‘skincare for the skin is a little bit like going to the gym. If you go once or twice it’s ok, but if you really want to see results you have to go consistently. Same thing for your skin.’
- Always wear sunscreen
UVA and UVB rays are perhaps the skin’s greatest danger. They can trigger a lot of different skin problems, such as hyperpigmentation, age spots, dry, sagging skin, wrinkles and premature aging. So always remember to wear a cream with broad-spectrum UV/UVA protection before applying your makeup.
- Quit smoking
Smoking is bad for your overall health, and it is also very bad for your skin. It affects the blood vessels, depriving the skin of oxygen and nutrients, which leads to a pale, greyish or uneven skin tone, premature ageing, and a number of other skin disorders.
- Use the right products and ingredients
When it comes to promoting and maintaining glowing skin, incorporating a face serum into your skincare routine can be your best move. Keep reading to find out why.
The Importance of Face Serum for Glowing Skin
A face brightening serum made of good quality ingredients should be at the top of your list when it comes to trying out new products for your skincare routine for glowing skin. Lightweight and easily absorbed, face serums are designed to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin to deliver active ingredients where they are most needed.
When it comes to promoting and maintaining radiant, glowing skin, the one face glow serum you should try is Dr Nina’s new Face Sculpt Serum. Designed to suit most skin types, this innovative serum contains the perfect glow formula for the skin and it is a powerhouse of active ingredients that provide rapidly visible effects.
“Your skin is constantly undergoing change, triggered from within and by external factors. It is constantly reacting to everything; from the passing of time to your lifestyle choices and the environment around you. To support your best skin from this moment on and beyond, it’s time to review your choices and your skincare regimen. I’d like to introduce you to my Face Sculpt Serum, which I believe will be your new best friend on your pathway to your best skin.”Dr Nina Bal
Dr Nina’s Glow Formula for the Skin
Dr Nina knows that the combination and the quality of the ingredients make all the difference when it comes to her product’s effectiveness.
The formula of Dr Nina’s Face Sculpt Serum has been specifically designed for most skin types to achieve immediate results. In fact, after two weeks of use, 75%* of the testers reported younger-looking, glowing skin.
Here’s the complete list of the key ingredients found in the Face Sculpt Serum by Dr Nina:
AQUA, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, PROPANEDIOL, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERETH-26, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, NIACINAMIDE, GLYCOLIC ACID, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-38, SALICYLIC ACID, SODIUM HYALURONATE CROSSPOLYMER, CURCUMA LONGA CALLUS LYSATE, COMMIPHORA MUKUL RESIN EXTRACT, GOSSYPIUM HERBACEUM CALLUS CULTURE, ALTEROMONAS FERMENT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SUCROSE PALMITATE, BUTYLENE
All the ingredients of Dr Nina’s Face Sculpt Serum are guaranteed:
- Cruelty-free and not tested on animals
- 100% Vegan and Natural Ingredients
- Ethically Sourced Extract
How to Use Face Sculpt Serum
2 pumps to be applied to face, neck and décolletage in an upwards motion. Massage until completely absorbed. It can be used in the AM and/or PM.
Since ingredients are so powerful, there are a few points to be careful about when using the Face Sculpt Serum.
- Do not use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to get pregnant unless authorised by your doctor.
- Do not use it if you have an allergy to aspirin or derivatives.
- Due to the presence of AHA, there is an exfoliating action in the skin and therefore we recommend the use of SPF after this product to minimise the risk of sun damage and sunburn.
- Avoid contact with eyes, eyelids and mucous membranes.
- Once opened, use within 12 months.
Final Tips: Skincare Steps for Glowing Skin
When it comes to skincare, it is not just about the products you use, but also the order you use them and how consistent you are.
By following these steps in the correct order, you can make sure you are taking care of your skin in the most effective way.
- Cleanse twice a day. Wash your face after you wake up in the morning and before you go to bed at night, after removing make up. You can use water only, or a mild face cleanser that suits your skin type. Remember to use lukewarm or cold water, not hot, to avoid drying out your skin and/or cause irritations.
- Tone your skin. Depending on the ingredients and on your skin’s needs, toners can help brighten and even out your complexion. The toner can ideally contain some lactic acid to gently exfoliate the skin, or some salicylic acid to cleanse the pores. This step can be completely optional in a good skincare routine, but it’s a great way to prep the skin to absorb the products you are applying right after.
- Incorporate serums in your daily routine. After cleansing and toning, this is when your skin is the most receptive and ready to absorb all the active ingredients contained in the serum. A serum must always be applied before you move to the next step.
- Apply moisturiser twice daily. You might need to use a moisturiser after the serum, or you might not. It is not a fixed rule, but if you feel your skin is tight and craves more hydration, then go ahead and apply your moisturiser of choice mornings and evenings. Just make sure to choose the right moisturiser based on your skin type.
- Oily skin: choose gel moisturisers, which are lightweight and won’t leave your face feeling greasy.
- Dry skin: opt for cream moisturisers, which are heavier and more hydrating.
- Sensitive or combination skin: use lotions, which absorb well but are still hydrating.
- Never forget to apply sunscreen! Use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every morning, even if it’s cloudy outside.
- Exfoliate once a week. Exfoliation is a must when it comes to a healthy skin glow, While you exfoliate, you remove dead skin cells, which results in a smoother, clearer, and brighter complexion.